The Geometric Centre of Slovenia (Slovene: Geometrično središče Slovenije, GEOSS) is the geometric centre of the country. Its geographic coordinates are and its elevation is 644.842 m. It lies in the hamlet of Spodnja Slivna near Vače in the Municipality of Litija. Since 4 July 1982, it has been marked with a memorial stone designed by the architect Marjan Božič, about 50 m away from the given coordinates. A plaque reading Živimo in gospodarimo na svoji zemlji ('We live and prosper upon our land') was added on 14 September 1989. In 2003, Slovenia adopted the Geometric Centre of Slovenia Act, which is a unique case in Europe.
- Inscription on the GEOSS monument.
- Društvo za razvoj in varovanje Geossa. GEOSS. Information sign posted in Slivna.
- "Zakon o geometričnem središču Slovenije" [Geometric Centre of Slovenia Act]. Uradni list Republike Slovenije [Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia] (in Slovenian). 21 October 2003.
- Leskošek, Matej (30 November 2016). "Potovanje v kraj, ki ga imamo vsi Slovenci na osebni izkaznici" [A Trip to the Place on Everyone's Identity Card] (in Slovenian). Diol.net.
- GEOSS homepage Archived 2014-02-25 at the Wayback Machine
- Virtual panoramas, maps and aerial photography of the location
- Point GEOSS (Local Landmark). Map and description. Pespoti.si. (in Slovene)